The Waimea Arts Council offers two classifications of membership:
Friend of the Waimea Arts Council (WAC) Basic Membership
Our “Friend of WAC” membership is open to anyone who has an interest in supporting the arts. Benefits include:
- You will receive the monthly WAC Newsletter and all announcements via email.
- If you are an artists, you are eligible to compete in the annual Helen Cassidy Memorial Juried Art Show and occasional designated theme shows throughout the year, subject to a donation to WAC of 50% of the sale price on any artwork sold.
WAC & Firehouse Gallery Participating Artist Membership
The Participating Membership is designed for artists who wish to sell their work in the Firehouse Gallery on an ongoing basis. You will receive the above benefits plus:
- You are eligible to participate in all Firehouse Gallery Exhibits subject to guidelines set forth by the Gallery Committee. You can earn the right to reduce the donation amount to 25% by fulfilling the volunteer obligation.
- You will be eligible to have small solo shows in the back gallery on a rotating basis
- You are eligible to be included in our Gallery of Artists display
- You are eligible to have your bio included on our website (one time $25 fee).
- As a participating artist you are expected to contribute your time and talent to the welfare of WAC and the Firehouse Gallery, as a gallery docent or other volunteer contributions, for a minimum of 4 hours per month.
Memberships expire on September 30 of each year and must be renewed at that time.
How to Join:
- To become a Friend of WAC member, you can download the membership application by clicking below. Please fill it out and either come by the gallery to submit it along with payment, or send it to Waimea Arts Council, PO Box 1818, Kamuela, HI 96743 with your check.
- To become a Participating Member, please come into the gallery and talk with our Membership Chair to have your work accepted and go over the requirements of membership. You can download the membership application below and have it filled out when you come in. Note that the application includes a waiver that must be signed if you plan to put your artwork for sale in our gallery, and that you must possess a GET license and pay your own GET taxes to the state. Participating members are also required to contribute at least 4 hours per month in volunteer time and should read the “Policies for Artists” download below so that you understand the procedures.
Other Useful Documents:
- To read and understand our gallery policies, please download the following document:
Policies for artists
- If you would like to be part of our “Gallery of Artists” display in the Firehouse Gallery, and/or listed on our website as one of our participating artists, download the form below and submit the information as noted on the form. There is no charge to be in the display, but there will be a one time $25 setup fee to be added to the website.
Gallery of Artists Form
- If you are interested in holding a workshop or other event and using the Bunkhouse as a venue, please download the document below, which includes guidelines as well as an application form:
Bunkhouse Use Policy
- If you don’t have a GET license and are planning to sell art in the gallery, here are instructions on getting that license. It is required if you plan to sell artwork in the Firehouse Gallery.
How to get a GET License in Hawaii
Volunteer Sign-Up Calendar – sign in here
Open hours are 11:00 am – 3:00 pm, Wednesday through Friday and Sunday, and 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on Saturday. Please sign up for as many days as you can manage, even outside these hours if necessary.
Hover your cursor over dates to see more detail.
* Pat DPat D
Time: 11:41 am
* Carolyn LancasterCarolyn Lancaster
Time: 11:25 am
Time: 4:57 pm
* Chris Kutler 10-3Chris Kutler 10-3
Time: 5:39 pm
* Pat & Judy Wilson(DT)Pat & Judy Wilson(DT)
Time: 12:57 pm
Time: 11:12 am
Time: 11:12 am
* Marie KinchlaMarie Kinchla
Time: 11:42 am
* Terry & Board meeting 1:30Terry & Board meeting 1:30
Time: 11:29 am
* 3;30 pm artist get together3;30 pm artist get together
Time: 11:30 am
* Pat Dinsman 11 amPat Dinsman 11 am
Time: 11:31 am
Time: 11:07 am
* Julie MJulie M
docent 11 - 3
Time: 12:59 pm
* Alissa Mattson 11-3Alissa Mattson 11-3
Time: 9:42 am
* Marie KMarie K
Time: 11:42 am
Time: 12:59 pm
* Norma WattNorma Watt
Time: 3:08 pm