The award-winning play is based on V-Day Founder/playwright Eve Ensler’s interviews with more than 200 women. With humor and grace the piece celebrates women’s sexuality and strength. Through this play and the liberation of this one word, countless women throughout the world have taken control of their bodies and their lives. For more than twelve years, The Vagina Monologues has given voice to experiences and feelings not previously exposed in public.
Directed by Jane Sibbett (Friends), who is also performing, the cast is comprised of local Big Island talent. 90% of net proceeds are donated to local on-island organizations working to end violence against women and children. The other 10% goes to the V-Day Spotlight Campaign (part of OneBillionRising.org.)